I’ve added pages related to the diesel engine that came with the boat, including details of a complete rebuild.
I’ve added two articles related to replanking the hull, which is my current endeavor.
Planking > Resawing Planking Stock
Planking > Plugging Old Fastener Holes
Although my web site has been dormant for several months (mostly due to technical problems), I have been busy. In particular, I replaced the main engine bulkhead, replaced two of the 8 laminated frames, and replaced the first of the double planks.
You can read about the double planks under “Planking > Replacing Double Planking.”
I’ve added some other (mostly historical) content as well. So explore the site and let me know what you think.
The original website for the Alita Restoration Project was at www.cse.psu.edu/~dunn. Although this site is still viewable (as of 8/25/2015), I can no longer add content to the site.
So I’ve created a new site (this one), which I hope to keep up to date. Eventually, I hope to port the old content to the new site, but there is a lot of it. So it will take some time!